Sunday, November 2, 2008

Truco o dulce...Trick or treat!



Greek Princess, Fidel, & Belly Dancers


Pumpkins!



Two Belly Dancers and a Greek Goddess

Hello Everyone! Wow, sorry it has been entirely too long since I have last written. October finally has come to its end and so did Cervantino, thank goodness! During the last show of Cervantino, Cafe Tacuba, the line started at 7am, just imagine what it looked like that afternoon. Needless to say, I did not attend that event. This last week has been so much fun. We had a day of the dead celebration at school and I was involved, of course. I represented the south, the air. During the ceremony, four CLU students participated including me and my boyfriend, Bryan. Mayra, in the crazy green outfit represneted fire, Ariana in the blue represented water, and Bryan represented earth. It was an awesome expereince. We also made Day of the Dead projects for our literature class, which were displayed all over the courtyard outside. After the ceremony, we all had tamales and pan de muerto. For Halloween, we carved pumpkins!! I bought the American candy and the other girls pitched in for the pumpkins and we went to town. The only thing we were missing was the apple cider. Then, we all got ready and went to a Halloween party. I was loads of fun and everyone went all out. I was a greek princess, Mayra and Ari were belly dancers and Bryan was Fidel Castro. Bryan even won a costume contest! I still have more photos to upload and put up on my blog, because yesterday was the actual Day of the Dead, and I have some awesome pics of altars I saw around town.

Well, all is well here in Gto! Next weekend we have a trip to Michoacan, and my Grandma and Mom come in less than two weeks!! Yay! I'll post more pics later :)

1 comment:

Outcalt Family said...

I love the pumpkins looks like you guys had a great time!!

see you soon,

Love,

Mom